If you’re here, I’m going to guess that you…
A.) Currently struggle with taking care of you skin.
B.) Have struggled with “problem” skin in the past and do NOT want to revisit that time in your life.
Welcome! I’m so happy to know that I’m not alone in the “not so perfect” skin club. Now, to be fair and 100% honest with y’all, I haven’t struggled with terrible skin. But, I also was not blessed with naturally beautiful, healthy skin either. In my teens, my skincare routine? Meh…as much as my mother tried. In college? Mehh.
I just quite honestly didn’t place much importance on it. I washed my face when I remembered. I tried countless different products. I read a few articles when it was convenient. Nothing really stuck.
Now? Let’s just get real here. Now, I’m hoping to prevent as much aging as possible. Now, I realize how vital it is to take care of your skin. Finally, now, I’ve discovered a routine, tips, and products that work for me. Let me hit you with a few quick facts before we get to the good stuff.
Did you know…
- Your skin is the largest organ on your body?
- Your skin creates a new layer every 28 days (aka why it is SO important to moisturize)?
- Your skin reveals a TON of hints about your overall health each day?!
There is an incredible amount of research out there promoting the importance of healthy skincare; so where do you start?
If you know me, you know I’m incredibly busy. All. The. Time. I need daily routines that are quick and efficient. So…after much trial and error, I’ve developed 5 time-saving habits that help me keep my skin at its’ best. Here are my Top 5 Quick Tips to Better Skincare:
- Keep your “daily products” in an easily accessible spot! For me, this consists of face wash, moisturizer, and eye cream. These are my go-to, must-use-even-if-I’m-exhausted products. By keeping them at an arm’s reach (and in my case, in plain sight), I’m less likely to forget or brush off my daily routine! While I love to work in night cremes and face masks and serums for extra pampering, there’s no need to have daily access to these special items…especially if you’re like me and have tons to choose from.
- Water, water, water! I know you’ve heard this one plenty of times before, but I’m just here to reiterate it (to you and myself). My skin feels and looks a thousand times better when I remember to drink enough water. There are tons of opinions on how much water you should drink per day. Personally? I aim for at least half my body weight in oz each day. Currently, I’m aiming for around 140 oz, as I’m still breastfeeding Hassell. Things that help me drink water: having a fun water bottle, adding fresh fruit, and setting up reminders on my FitBit!
- Have a back-up plan! I wish I could tell you that I washed my face twice a day, every day…but that’s not real life for me right now. Some days, I’m doing good just crawling into bed at night instead of sleeping on the couch. Ya feel me? It’s times like these you need a super easy method to do the bare minimum for your skin. My current favorite product for this is my micellar cleansing wipes. (You can find my favorite here.) Unsure what to look for in a micellar cleansing wipe? You want to choose one that cleanses and calms your skin all in one, preferably without a ton of icky ingredients. These are also perfect for on-the-go, whether it’s traveling or just a trip to the gym!
- Find a face wash that is gentle, but still exfoliates. Remember that fact I shared with you above? Your skin is constantly producing new cells and ridding itself of old ones. Just let that sink in for a minute. If our skin produces a new layer every 28 days, do we really want to spend weeks in between without exfoliating? Yuck. My time-saving tip is to make sure you find a face wash that is gently exfoliating for daily use! You can add a deeply exfoliating skincare product into your schedule as a way to pamper later…whenever you have time. But for the sake of your skin, let’s combine two steps and be sure your face wash has you covered!
- Finally, find a skincare line with products you love. For me, this was so so so important. I was the girl with 27 bottles of half-empty face wash and moisturizer under her counter. Talk about cluttered. Wasteful. Not great on my skin or budget. Find products you love, products that get you excited to take those few minutes each day for YOU!
Are you hunting for a skincare routine you’ll be excited about? Want a suggestion for my favorite products? Check out the three products I mentioned above (if you go back to #1, I have them linked individually for you!). I began incorporating Perfectly Posh pampering products into my skincare routine in 2016. The combo above (BFF Face Wash, Moisturize 911, and Prize on the Eyes) has transformed my face care routine for less than $0.70 a day, y’all. I can order the products when I need them, too–just like online shopping. Most importantly, I trust the company and products (the naturally-based ingredients are the best) and have fun using them! If you’re bored or unsatisfied with your current face care, I highly suggest giving these three a try.
Do you have another favorite product or tip? I’d love to hear from you! Be sure to comment below or e-mail me and let me know.